Search engine crawling, indexing, and ranking processes vary in every device. Mobile SEO, however, supplies a framework to succeed whether the user is utilizing a desktop, smartphone, etc.
To assist you in applying the best practices in Mobile SEO, contact your digital marketing agency because this is one of the SEO Services that are very crucial to perform. But to give you an insight, here’s how to optimize your website for mobile devices.
Select which Website Configuration to Use
Since Google has implemented the mobile-first index, a new mobile-friendly ranking algorithm, website owners have to prep their website by choosing any of these 3 configuration options.
- Responsive web design – This is the one that an SEO consultant and even Google prefer. This method will automatically rank higher than any other means. It delivers the same HTML code from the same URL address while its content and layout will adjust to the user’s device screen size.
- Separate Site – This is the type of website configuration where you have to create two URLs and separate HTML codes (one for the desktop and the other for the mobile). The server will redirect to the correct website depending on the device the user has used. So, it should show, for example, m.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com in the URL.
- Dynamic Serving – This one is like a combination of both the Separate Site and the Dynamic Serving. It has one URL but distinct HTML codes.
Check All Your Web Pages Compatibility
Be certain that every page on your website is working and is already mobile-friendly. Visit your site on different devices such as smartphones and tablets but make sure that those devices are not linked to any of your business tools. Otherwise, you won’t be able to properly check the user experience.
One of the best tools to use is the Google Mobile-Friendly Test Tool. It will send a notification to tell you if your site has met the required standard alongside an image of how your site will appear on a mobile gadget. If not, it will also prompt you with the elements you have to fix.
Improve Your Website’s Load Time
Website speed plays a big role in Mobile-first Indexing. Remember that a slow website can affect your lead generation. To check the load time and know how to optimize it, use Google’s mobile speed test which is a free online service.
You can also do the following:
- Implement Caching
- Use Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Resize Pictures
- Optimize your Code
Enhance Your UX Design.
Having too many pop-ups, too large fonts, and too complex menus will make your users leave the page. And you don’t want that! So here are the steps that you can do to mend that.
- Change the font size and style – between 14 to 16 px, readable font style
- Adjust the brightness and contrast of your background and text
- Write short paragraphs
- Use bullet points
- Create easy-to-use menus
- Avoid pop-up windows
- Adapt screen size
Monitor Your Progress
Frequent checking of data and analytics key to successful website implementation. Utilize Google Analytics and Google Search Console to track your Google ranking and performance. Evaluate the areas that need improvement.
To get the best search rankings, optimize your website for mobile searchers. The listed mobile SEO best practices will help you upgrade your site to a mobile version.
If you like this article, you may want to read this article about Importance of Mobile SEO.